Famed New York Infantry Regiment. Encamped in McAllen during 1916-1917 bandit trouble, guarding the border and preventing the smuggling of arms across Rio Grande to Pancho Villa. Tour of duty here seasoned the men for rigors of World War I, wherein regiment won undying glory in France.
- Author: Anthony Acosta
- Date Posted: May 20, 2013
- Category: Historical Sites
- Beach Metal Detecting vs. Land: 5 Key Differences Every Treasure Hunter Should Know
- Unearthed Treasures: A Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning and Preserving Your Finds 2nd Edition
- Buried Dreams Unearthed: Inspirational Stories of Treasure Found Through Metal Detecting
- Navigating the Maze: Understanding Metal Detecting Regulations and Guidelines
- Digging Up the Past: The Most Fascinating Historical Finds Made Through Metal Detecting
Please contact me with your metal detecting event information or any good Metal Detecting place that should be included on the map.